Some of our newer software uses a new licensing scheme . If you have a "License Wizard" in the start menu for the software in question, this applies to you.
If you do not have a Lock Selector or Authorization Key, you may send your transaction number to email@example.com and request that your transaction number be converted to a Lock Selector and Authorization Key.
On the old computer:
- Run the "License Remover" by clicking on Start -> All Programs -> MatrikonOPC -> <Product Name> -> License Remover.
- This will generate a "RemoveProof.txt", see the applications installation directory for the RemoveProof.txt. C:\Program Files\Matrikon\OPC\<Product Name>\<Product Name>RemoveProof.txt.
- Send this file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will then be notified once your RemoveProof.txt has been processed.
On the new computer:
- Run the "License Wizard" by clicking on Start -> All Programs -> MatrikonOPC -> <Product Name> -> License Wizard.
- Enter your lock selector and authorization key.
- Click Next.
- If you have access to the internet it will attempt to automatically license the product for you. If it is not able to access the licensing server it will give you an error message, stating so.
- If your product was not automatically licensed, it will remain at Step 2. Click the "Save" button. This will save a Summary.txt file.
- Transfer the Summary.txt to a computer that has an internet connection. The Summary.txt contains the address for the licensing website as well as all required information to be entered on the website.
- Go to the licensing website. Enter the information present in the Summary.txt.
- Once you have submitted those details, it will take you to a screen containing your License Key Code.
- Click Save and Save this as a license.mtkl.
- Transfer the file back to the computer you wish to license.
- In step 2 of the license wizard, you will see a field "License file (.MTKL) location:" browse to where you saved your license.mtkl
- Click Next.
- You will now see a screen showing the list of licensed features for your product.
If you are running Windows Server 2008 or Windows 7 ensure that you right click on license remover or license wizard and select "Run As Administrator". This is due to a new feature called UAC which prevents even administrator users from executing applications with elevated privileges unless specified.